Over the Top, Steel Truck Rack, 1 Ton Pickup, 2/4 Seater Side by Side for Dually with a 5th Wheel or Gooseneck hookup, MADE to ORDER
This Over-the-Top, Steel Truck Rack is for a 1 Ton truck with Dually wheels (see image at left) and is a “Build to Specification” based on your Dual Rear Wheel (Dually) pickup truck with dual cab or Flatbed Dually pickup truck with a dual cab. It is designed to load a 2 or 4 seater, side by side, UTV with a typical wheelbase width of 62 to 77″ and a wheelbase length up to 140″. It is provided with 14 foot aluminum ramps and 4 tie down rachet straps, and ramp connecting pins. Load a Polaris RZR, General or Ranger, Can-Am Maverick, Commander, Kawasaki or Yamaha. Contact Truck Rack with make, model, year and type of truck bed you have. This Over-the-Top truck rack is for a dually trucks only with a dual cab. Dodge has a Dually with 6.5 foot and 8 foot bed length with dual cab or dual King Cab, whereas Ford and Chevy have only 8-foot bed length with dual cab for dually pickups.
This Over the Top steel truck rack is designed for 1 Ton truck with dual rear wheel (DRW) and 8.0' pickup truck beds, and dual wheel, 6.5', 1 ton pickup truck beds, as well as 8 foot or 6.5 foot flatbed pickup trucks with dually wheels. The rack can support a 2 door, side by side UTV side by side with up to 77" wheelbase width and up to 140" wheelbase length. Fits all long bed 3/4 and 1 ton trucks and most UTV lengths up to 110″ length wheelbase. A 3 stage (sandblast, prime and powder coat) paint is included on this rack; as well as four 2" x 6" retractable rachet straps to tie your UTV or ATV down firmly to the rack. Currently at a 4 week build time. A Dually pickup normally has a gooseneck fitting in the bed to pull an RV, or a 5th wheel plate and hitch installed in the bed. So, this Over the Top truck rack lets you haul a 2 or 4 seater on top of your dually cab and pull an RV trailer behind with a goose-neck ball or 5th wheel plate.
- STANDARD STEEL DESIGN: Base Price: $8800 + Options selected + S/H
- UTV Wheelbase Width 60" to 77" UTV Wheelbase Length up to 140”
- Steel Construction 1.5” x 3” Tubing, 450 LBS, Rack Only
- 4" side and rear railing on top
- Winch Mount on Truck Racks only (does not include Winch or Power Cables)
- 3 Stage (sandblast, prime and powder coat, Black)
- 14 Foot x 18” Aluminum Ramps, Bi-fold, 1500 LBS rating each, 3000 LBS total load rating
- Four 2" x 6" Rachet Straps
- 4 Connecting Pins to connect Ramps to Rack
- 4 hand adjustable Turnbuckles and 4 hand adjustable Latches
- This Over the Top Truck Rack requires fitting to your truck, typical 4 days at our manufacturing site, call for details
- OPTIONS Detail Description to help you choose the right upgrades to your Truck and Truck Rack.
- Wireless Winch with 4500 Lb Rating and Power Cables: If you want to use a wireless winch to pull your side by side, UTV or ATV up on the truck rack; and to help unload your 4x4 down the ramp, this is the option to get. It will be installed at the back center of the truck rack with 12 volt power cables routed down onto the vertical bar of the truck rack in your truck bed. You will need to have the final 12 volt cables connected by your truck dealer to install the dealer 12 volt cables from your 12 volt fuse box to the 12 volt cables on the truck rack. This Wireless controlled winch is quite capable of pulling an ATV, UTV or heavy side by side with wide wheelbase onto the truck rack.
- Suspension Upgrade Options below are installed on your truck and require a full day and appointment schedule in advance.
- Full Suspension Upgrade: This option is for customers who want a much better load handling with much improved suspension to handle heavy loads, such as your side by side loaded on your rack while pulling a heavy RV on your rear ball hitch. This full suspension upgrade gives you much better load handling and suspension response under heavy loads, along with wireless, on the fly, airbag control on your rear axles; when driving on highways, city/town driving, dirt road and trails. This complete suspension upgrade includes the 5 suspension upgrades discussed below. Each of the Suspension Upgrades can be ordered individually or as a full package.
- Suspension #1 Upgrade, 2" Front Lift & Wheel Alignment: The truck you received from the factory has a 2" drop on the front wheels for aerodynamic improvements, but it looks like crap, and decreases the shock absorber response to tire rebound when hitting highway pot holes and road cracks. The 2" front lift levels the profile of your truck, gives you better front shock absorber response; and the Wheel Alignment ensures the Castor and Camber of your front wheels are true aligned and gives you the best tire tracking when driving.
- Suspension #2 Upgrade, Shock Absorbers: Factory shocks are not normally useful, when you are loaded with weight and pulling an RV. Bilstein Shocks installed front and rear to significantly improve tire recoil response when hitting road cracks, potholes on highways, and rocks and tree limps when on dirt roads and country trails with your truck, loaded with your side by side or pulling your RV on your ball hitch.
- Suspension #3 Upgrade: Wireless Controlled Airbags on Rear Axle: If you have ever seen Billy Bob driving down the road in his pickup truck, loaded with gravel and his rear bumper is almost touching the highway, you will understand why airbag suspension is important. When your side by side is loaded, and if you also hook up your RV to your rear ball hitch; you see how much your bed drops down, compressing the shocks and springs so they can not work. The wireless controlled airbags lifts the bed back up, or down for light loads, as needed to level your bed under heavy load or light load, so that your shocks and springs can function as they are supposed to.
- Suspension #4 Upgrade, Wheelbase Increase: The normal wheelbase width of your truck tires seems narrow when standing behind your truck. And if you have heavy loads in the bed, the narrow tire width is noticeable when driving around curves or when driving on angled roads in the outback. So, instead of buying a Dually truck, we found that replacing the factory wheels (positive offset) with stronger wheels that have a negative offset; and replacing the factory, 4 ply x 8" tires with high quality 10 ply or 12 ply x 11.5" wide tires; then you effectively increase your truck wheelbase width by as much as 6", making the side by side on your truck rack handle much better when driving around curves and especially in the outback on uneven roads.
- Suspension #5 Upgrade, Steering Stabilizer: This is for Ford and Dodge only, because Chevy & GMC use a different steering control. The steering stabilizer is a dual shock stabilizer installed to help reduce wheel drift under heavy load on uneven surface highways and back roads. When driving, you can see down the road where the road surface is slanting off to either side of center or the surface has tire lanes due to heavy traffic on poor roads. The Steering Stabilizer helps to reduce the front wheel drift in these situations, which is beneficial when loaded with a side by side or pulling a heavy RV on your rear ball hitch.
- This is a Build to Spec Truck Rack with a typical 4-week lead time from order date to complete the basic build; then we will need your truck driven to our Manufacturing facility for 3-4 days to fit the rack to your specific truck and bolt the rack into the bed of your truck and into the front bumper frame of your truck, which is included in the price. Call for details.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.